Requirements for 2018-2020 Music Scholarship Awards
1. THE TUESDAY MUSICAL CLUB SCHOLARSHIP is available to anyone of exceptional musical talent who is a senior in High School (or its equivalent) or who has not reached the age of 25 by the time of auditions. The Scholarship provides only for music and those subjects related to music. This Scholarship does not provide for living or travel expenses. Applicant's family must have maintained legal residence within a 100 mile radius of Pittsburgh for not less than one year immediately prior to date of auditions. Preliminary screening for the Scholarship will be done by MP3 (current Tuesday Musical Club Scholarship recipients do not need to submit an MP3). Applicants chosen for consideration must perform (audition) before the Scholarship Committee on Friday, May 18, 2018.
After the Scholarship is awarded:
- The recipient of the scholarship receives no money. All money is paid directly to the school or teacher.
- Since this is a supervised scholarship awarded for two years, term grades from your school and an evaluation from the teacher in your major field will be required yearly.
- Scholarship recipients are eligible to apply a second time for a total of four years on the scholarship program.
2. AUDITION MATERIALS include an application form, a $35.00 application fee, MP3 and two references of musical ability from teachers with whom you have studied.. The application form and payment may be completed below. The MP3 and references may be emailed to email@example.com. Please be sure to clearly identify the applicant’s name on your emails. To apply offline, please submit the audition materials to Tuesday Musical Club, Stephen Foster Memorial, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, 15260, with a postmark no later than Friday, March 30, 2018.
Auditions will be held on Friday, May 18, 2018 at:
Rodef Shalom Congregation - 4905 Fifth Avenue, Oakland (Pittsburgh 15213). Applicants chosen for consideration will be notified of the specific time of their audition by
Monday, April 30, 2018
3.REPERTOIRE GUIDELINES for MP3 and audition (repertoire need not be the same for MP3 and audition):
NOTE: THIS IS A BLIND AUDITION. DO NOT SEND IN A DVD RECORDING!
Your program should include a contrast in repertoire from at least two different style periods. All music at the audition should be performed from memory, with the exception of chamber works. Please provide an accompanist of comparable ability for both your application MP3 AND audition. Audition MP3s should be no less than 10 minutes in length. Actual audition time will be approximately fifteen minutes and portions of all repertoire will be heard.